n “best student” of a class year. Fairly old-fashioned, this is now only used in private schools. I’m told that Americans have “valedictorians” instead, which somehow sounds much grander.

In categories


Related words

double-barrelled, dustman, estate agent, filth

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *